Template

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Dawson {Newborn} Post

Sweet little Dawson. He is my cousins 2nd son, they make the most beautiful babies! My family is lucky to be close for such a large family and I always feel blessed when my cousins let me share in the joy of their new arrivals and take pictures of their sweet babies. As I share these today, I am reminded how sweet and precious life is. We have welcomed 5 new babies, Dawson included,  into our family over the last couple month. We have been truly blessed,  but my heartaches at the news that we lost my sweet aunt, unexpectedly yesterday, after an 18+ year battle with cancer. She was diagnosed with breast cancer when her youngest was just a baby. Over the last 18 years, she was has battled cancer 4x's successfully, overcoming it 3 of those times. Through all the pain and sorrow, she stayed positive and blessed the lives of others. Just over 10 years ago, while I was on bed rest at the U of U, with my daughter, she was receiving cancer treatments at the Huntsman. Despite what she was going through, she would come over and visit me to help break up the long hours of staring at the ceiling worrying. When they finally let me get up, I could only leave the room in a wheelchair, so she came and wheeled me to lunch. That kindness she showed me has stayed with me. I know that there are many others with similar stories of how she has touched their lives. How grateful I am for the knowledge that this life is not the end, and that she was greeted by those family members who have gone on before her. I am glad that she is finally cancer free, but I will sure miss seeing her sweet face.
Our prayers are with her family, love you Marci!




No comments:

Post a Comment